CUSTOM EVENT INFORMATION & POLICIES
The success of your event is of our utmost concern. The following information and policies will help you in planning your event at Paradise Cove. Please take some time to read them and give us a call if you have any questions.
1. DEFINITIONS: The following terms will have the following meanings: “EVENT”- The banquet, reception, or other private function forming the subject. “WE”, “OUR”, & “US”- PC Services, Inc. dba Paradise Cove Luau. “YOU”- The person, corporations, entity, organization or association contracting with us for the event.
2. FUNCTION SPACE RESERVATION: The function space indicated on the Confirmation Letter will be held upon receipt of the signed Confirmation of Services-Contract and a Deposit by the date stated. The function space indicated has been reserved based upon your expected attendance. We reserve the right to substitute comparable function space, or to assign a different space at our option. You agree to confirm with us the assigned function space before printing any materials listing specific meeting or function locations.
3. GUARANTEED COUNT: You are responsible to inform us of your final guaranteed count at least (10) ten business days prior to the date of your function in writing. This is the exact number of people who will attend the Event. This number is a guaranteed minimum, not subject to reduction, with charges made accordingly. We will take a head count at the door and will not be responsible for more than 3% over the final guaranteed count.
4. CANCELLATIONS: You may cancel your function and contract only upon giving us written notice. Additionally, you agree that in the event you cancel your function it would be difficult to determine the actual damages and losses to us. Therefore, full refunds are not given and other refunds are subject to the approval of our General Manager.
5. PAYMENT & FINAL INVOICE: A payment schedule will be given to you in your Confirmation of Services-Contract. Payment in full for the event must be made (30) days before the function date. This payment schedule must be met in order for us to guarantee our function space and services. If your payment is late three (3) days or more, we reserve the right to cancel your function and cannot guarantee any refund. Your final payment (based on additional services rendered on day of event) is due at the end of the function. If payments are made by check, a driver’s license, or social security number must be submitted with check. If your check is returned for non-sufficient funds, an additional fee of $25.00 will apply.
6. LABOR CHARGE/OVER TIME: You agree to begin all Events promptly at the scheduled time and have all guests and other persons vacate the designated Event space at the indicated time. Should you go over time, we will incur additional labor and other costs. Therefore, you agree to reimburse us for any over time wage payments and other expenses that we incur due to your failure to comply with this policy. Morning Events can start no earlier than 9:00 a.m. and end no later than 3:00 p.m. Afternoon/Evening Events can begin no earlier than 4:30 p.m. and end no later than 10:30 p.m.
7. EXCUSED NON-PERFORMANCE: If for any reason beyond our control, including, but not limited to strikes, labor disputes, accidents, government regulations, restrictions or regulations on travel, our operation commodities or supplies, acts of war or acts of God, we are unable to perform our obligations pertaining to this contract, such non-performance is excused and we may terminate the contract without further liability of any nature upon return of your deposit. In no event will we be liable for consequential damages of any nature for any reason whatsoever.
8. OUTSIDE FOOD: You acknowledge that there will be an additional charge for any food brought from the outside. Additionally, you must secure prior approval before it is brought onto our property. For additional information, please consult with your Sales Manager.
9. DISPLAYS & DECORATIONS: Any personal property that you or your guests leave on our premises, either prior to, during, or following the Event, will be at the sole risk of you, the customer. We will not be liable for any loss of, or damage to this property for any reason. Additionally, it is your responsibility to set up, remove, and discard any and all displays and/or decoration that you provide. Should you not adhere to this policy you may be subject to an additional charge by us.
10. ALCOHOLIC BEVERAGES: We are governed by the Federal, State, and Local Laws concerning the service of Alcoholic Beverages. You acknowledge that we will stand firm in the enforcement of these laws. This includes, but is not limited to, the sale and consumption of alcohol by minors and those who appear to be intoxicated. You also understand that we will take any necessary action to enforce these laws and local authorities may be called. Should any law be violated, your Event can and will be terminated immediately with or without reason, and no refund will be given.
11. SECURITY: If required, in our sole judgment, in order to maintain adequate security measures in light of the size and nature of the Event. You shall provide at your expense, security personnel for the Event supplied by a licensed guard or security agency doing business in the City and County of Honolulu, with our approval. This may include us requiring a Honolulu Police Officer being hired. Security personnel provided by you shall not carry any weapons and will only concern themselves with access to the function space reserved for the Event; restricting their presence to those areas of our premises. Security personnel are to check in and check out at our Security Office prior to and after their shift. Additionally, a copy of your EVENT INVITATION MUST BE PROVIDED to us no later than ten (10) days prior to your Event.
12. COLLECTION COSTS: In the event that we use an attorney, collection agency, or other lawful method to collect any amounts due to us, you agree to pay all expenses of collection, including attorney’s fees and costs.
13. CONDUCT OF EVENT: You agree to conduct the Event in an orderly manner in full compliance with applicable laws, regulations, and our rules, policies, and procedures. You assume full responsibility for the conduct of all persons in attendance at the Event and for any damages done to any part of our premises during any time the premises are being used by you, your guests, invitees, employees, or independent contractor hired by you. Should, in the sole judgment of our Special Events Manager, you not conduct your Event in an orderly manner, we have the right to terminate your function immediately and no refund will be given.
14. DELIVERIES: Arrangements for delivery of packages should be made through the Sales Manager/Custom Events Manager. You understand that we have limited storage space and goods cannot be received until the day of the event. You also understand that there may be additional charges for the handling and storage of such items.
15. PROMOTIONAL CONSIDERATIONS: We have the right to review and approve any advertisements or promotional materials in connection with your Event. Additionally, at times our agents or we may photograph, video, or record your Event for commercial use. You understand that any photographs, recordings, or videos taken by agents and/or our vendors and us are our property and can be used for commercial and advertising reasons.
16. ENTERTAINMENT & EQUIPMENT REQUIREMENTS: You may choose to provide your own entertainment and audio/visual equipment. However, should you choose to do so, you must provide us with the names of such entertainers and audio/visual companies which you intend on hiring. This also includes, but is not limited to Discos. At our judgment, we may not approve certain companies, businesses, or individuals onto our premises. You may also contract entertainment and obtain equipment from us for an additional cost. Additionally, only cocktail music is allowed between 5:00 p.m. and 8:30 p.m. After 8:30 p.m. disco music and/or live music is allowed. All disco and/or live music must conclude no later than 10:00 p.m.
17. TENT RENTAL REQUIREMENTS: Outside tent companies are not allowed on Paradise Cove property. If you elect to order a tent for your event, we will coordinate the service with a tent company of our choice. Every consideration will be taken when choosing said company, based on your specific needs and expectations. Under no circumstances will we allow another tent vendor access to our property. You may take into service, a company of your choice for other equipment rentals (i.e. dance floors, risers, tent lighting, etc.) with approval by P.C. Services. Paradise Cove reserves the right to approve any outside vendors on its property. A list of all outside vendors must be presented at least 45 days before the event date for approval. You fully understand that you are responsible for any damage done to the grounds of Paradise Cove resulting from any equipment brought in by an outside vendor that you take into service. Page 5 Custom Events Information & Policies
18. PARKING: We do have FREE parking available. However, parking is limited. Please consult with your Sales Manager/Custom Events Manager for limitations.
19. OFF LIMIT AREAS: You and your guests must remain within clearly marked areas. No one is allowed to loiter in parking lots. Violation of this policy can result in termination of your Event. You are responsible for the actions of your guests.
20. EVENT SET UP: You should arrange for an Event meeting with the Sales Manager/Custom Events Manager, who will assist you in planning the set up of your Event. We will make every effort to accommodate you, however, as the success of your Event is of our utmost concern, you agree that we have the right to make any changes necessary to the set up of your Event to ensure an enjoyable Event for everyone.
21. ACCESS FOR EQUIPMENT/SUPPLY DROP OFF/PICK UP: Service delivery areas are available. However, you acknowledge that no one is allowed to drive into the gated areas without prior approval of the Sales Manager/Custom Events Manager. Additionally, no one is allowed to drive on the grass. Anyone in violation of this policy may be asked to leave the premises and may not be allowed to return. Any damage to our property, premises, grass, and/or equipment is your responsibility and you will be charged.
22. WEATHER: You acknowledge that we are an outdoor facility and will not provide for a back up in case of bad weather. This is your responsibility. Rental of tents and other equipment can be arranged through our sales department.
23. BANQUET MENU: All menus and floor plans must be finalized at least four weeks prior to your function date. Substitutions may be made to the items on our menus; however, please be aware that such substitutions may result in a price increase.
24. FOOD SERVICES: Guests are welcome to go through the buffet line as many times as they wish. You acknowledge that when you use our caterers that the buffet time is only one hour and fifteen minutes from the commencement of the special dinnertime. Absolutely no extension of the buffet time is allowed. Food, from any type of function, may not be taken off the premises after it has been prepared and served.
25. SERVICE FEE AND TAX: All food and beverage prices are subject to a 15% service fee. All food, beverage, labor, service charge, and miscellaneous item charges are subject to the Hawaii State General Excise Tax. These sums are subject to change and shall be the sole responsibility of the patron.
26. AMENDMENTS/CHANGES: We reserve the right to make amendments and changes to any of the preceding and/or on the Confirmation of Services-Contract.
27. HOLIDAYS: All functions held on the following observed holidays are subject to an additional labor fee: New Year’s Day, President’s Day, Prince Kuhio Day, Memorial Day, Kamehameha Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Veteran’s Day, Thanksgiving Day, and Christmas Day.
28. QUESTIONS: Should you have any questions please call our sales department at (808) 842-7911. I have read and agree to abide by Paradise Cove Luau’s Custom Event Information and Policies.